View Single Post
Old 07-05-2009, 08:47 AM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I am definitely not an expert on this but have heard many times that water in the rig may well come from far away from the symptom. Could there be a leak somewhere outside of where you'd expect?

Also, like Dave, whenever we have a seal curled under and it rains, we get water in the rig. I usually don't check it like Dave does. I've always checked it after the slides are out, then if one is curled under, I insert the L portion of the awning rod under the seal and run it upwards to turn the seal. Using the rounded edge of the L doesn't hurt the seal and if it scratches the rig at all, that's under the seal anyhow.

One other possibility is the window seal. You might check all around that window, especially along the top. Also, the windows should have some weep holes, two I think, along the bottom frame. That's to let any moisture from condensation get to the outside. We've only had water in the rig from these holes when hitting the window area with high pressure when washing the rig. But maybe there is some way rain water is getting in through those weep holes?
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote