View Single Post
Old 07-09-2009, 04:40 AM   #16
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I took a closer look at those slots to see if I can shed any light on this. The slot is at the very bottom of the channel. The channel floor is canted downward towards the outside, forcing water to flow towards the outside edge of the channel. I cannot tell for sure whether the floor also slopes downward towards the slots from the sides. I don't think so.

I could not tell whether the slot itself is slanted downwards toward the outside. I pushed a small piece of paper through the slot but still couldn't tell for sure. The paper had too much curl. I would be surprised if rain coming from above would enter through the slot. However, water under pressure, either from a hose or rain, coming from below, most likely could enter.

I would think, maybe I should say I hope, the water would drain before it could overflow the channel and into the rig. That assumes the slots are not plugged and the water is not impededed from reaching the slots.

Does that sound reasonable?

Interestingly, the big window next to our dining table has four weep holes, no slots. Two holes to the right and two to the left. But the neighboring big window has two slots, one to each side. The first window is taller than the second but each is roughly the same width. Maybe they changed the design and we got some of each.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote