View Single Post
Old 07-11-2009, 01:02 AM   #10
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Though my generator is a Honda 2000, I'll add my experience. Ours gummed up from sitting (due to my back surgery). I took it in to a recommended small engine/generator shop in Catoosa, OK. For $85 they got it running, however it just didn't run right and wouldn't generate enough power to run my wife's hair blower. But it did run well enough to charge the batteries. The technician there said, "Do not use Sta-bil. It gums up worse than if let setting."

I then took it in to an authorized Honda repair facility in Cedar Rapids, IA where they repaired it for $225. They said, "For your type of use, by all means use Sta-bil in the gas. That way you don't have to be worried about running it so often."

I called Honda Corp. and asked them about using Sta-bil. They said, "That's all we recommend for putting in the gas. It DOES NOT cause the gas to gum up worse." So you see, everyone is doing the right thing when they use Sta-bil. I also like the idea that I don't have to lug it up out of my tool box and start it regularly. Which makes me think, "I'd better get it out and run it and I will when I get the truck back from the garage (it's been there for 10 days now for mechanical repairs). But that's another topic I'll report on soon.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote