View Single Post
Old 07-29-2009, 09:18 AM   #9
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
LOL Robbie,

A Mission tire always looks real pretty right before it blows. In your case, your driving style may have helped your tires do well, but even I am impressed with the number of Mission tires linked to problems. It's about the numbers and the odds and right now.

I had not joined the MOC and was trying to get that last mile out of my Missions, after all, it was only 2.5 years and I didn't have that many miles on them and I used tire covers at home when it was in storage. But on a 425 mile trip in decent weather the left rear Mission experienced tire separation just as we were coming to a stop for a stretch-our-legs stop. Just minutes before my Bro-in-Law and his wife who were following were trying to decide it my tire was having a problem (they saw unusual wobble, but were to far back to tell for sure). When we came to a stop, it decided to flatten. How lucky we were. I replaced the spare, finished the last 100 miles, then immediately contacted a local tire store to replace ALL our tires. The tire store was familiar with the Mission history and didn't question our willingness to replace such good looking tires.

Yup Robbie, piece of mind is worth way more than the risk of practicing how to change a tire, which I am very good at, by the way.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote