View Single Post
Old 10-07-2009, 08:35 AM   #3
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
There are fifth wheel hitches that mount under the bed AND also allow you to use an inbed goose neck like you have. For example, B&W has an excellent offering that many members have had good luck with. Another offering is the Reese Signature that mounts under bed to support a fifth wheel hitch then can be removed for the goose neck. Of course, there are others.

I was unaware of these options when I purchased my 5er and have an above bed fifth wheel hitch and NO goose neck (for just in case), and if I were in your shoes right now, I would find a way to keep the goose neck (which can be capped off or turned over like you mention) and purchase an under bed fifth wheel hitch that fits with what you currently have. I use my truck bed often and the above bed hitch rails are such a pain!

I hope you are aware that converting your 5er for a goose neck is not a good idea.

Good luck with your selection. You'll love the extra weight capacity and the ability to tow ANYTHING within your weight rating (5er, goose neck or bumper) if you are properly equipped.

On edit: Thanks to Stiles for posting better info on the B&W right before my reply.

Is it just me or is everyone NOT seeing our avatars? I saw them before the Forum maintenance that was performed yesterday evening.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote