View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 07:04 AM   #3
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Tom S.

When you say 35 degrees, are you talking about the refrigerator or the freezer? For the fridge, that's plenty, for the freezer, it's not. We leave ours at the highest setting all the time. Someone else noted here that each opening of the door causes the refrigerator to have to work an extra hour to re stabilize the temps, so that may have been your problem. Also, where is the white plastic slide gizmo (technical term!) on the cooling fins? Up is colder, down is warmer.
Tom,
I'm talking about the refrigerator. The freezer seems to be working fine, the food is frozen. My understanding is that the best temperature is between 33 and 40 degrees...or at least that is what the internet told me.

Yes opening the door could very well be a big part of the problem. We have been using coldness level 3 for 3 years, that is the dillema I am trying to figure out...wonder if it is going bad?

Here is a picture of the white plastic gizmo thing on the fins. It looks pretty low, and I don't see any way of getting the white wire to extend to be able to put the gizmo any higher on the fin. (?)

Right now, the cooling is within specs, but I wonder if it is going bad.
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote