View Single Post
Old 10-23-2009, 05:58 AM   #20
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Ok, to further the mystery, yesterday morning before leaving for the day, the thermometer said it was 38*. We left for the day, came back in the evening and opened the fridge just a couple of times. This morning, I checked the thermometer, it was at 33*...Yikes! I put it back to temperature selector level 4 from 5. Now, I hope it was just all in my imagination, and leaving the door open to much....not sure.

Where we are parked, the weather has been in the 70's and 80's, so I don't think the temperature is part of the factor. I checked the insulation near the fan, it all looks like it should. The gizmo on the fan.....on mine, there is no way to move the gizmo, the wire just isn't long enough.

Bob, I don't know where the ambient temperature switch is located...looked at the schematic, did not see it on my model.

I'm pretty sure there isn't a problem with the thermister, there is no problem with it starting or running. It is on and working whether on electricity or propane.

Old Dude, I'll keep playing with the temperature selector, maybe, I'll get brave and move it to 2....will be a while though.

Charlie, will limp or crawl to Quartzsite, we'll have a "MOC (moke) family" gathering and discuss this problem and others....like always, we'll get it fixed, and another show-and-tell for all.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions and insights.

simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote