View Single Post
Old 11-23-2010, 12:39 PM   #30
wswebster
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1249
Well I guess we are the one of the few ex-5th wheelers. This spring we made the leap. Yes we miss the MOC group, but we wanted a change. We travel alot more now and wanted easier set ups. Our Coach sits in our pole barn for 3 months same as our 5th wheel did. We had 2 HD trucks, only needed 1, I had recently bought a new Traverse and it's a great "Toad". We like to stop at nice rest areas and have lunch, no more running to the cramped camper in the cold and rain, now I can have a hot lunch and not a cold sandwich. We travel with our large dog and we can stop and explore an off site and we Don't worrying about the truck being too hot or too cold for him, just run the generator & he has more room to roam also. Leveling the coach is a 1 button operation and we are not rockin and rollin anymore. No more stairs up a narrow isle to the bedroom & bathroom. Yes I have lost a little counter space but have gained more in other areas. We love all the basement storeage, no it's not all in 1 place but spread out along the entire length of the coach. We now have an even better view going down the road looking through our hugh 1 piece windshield. Yes we will have to renew our license plates every year now and the insurance is about the same as it was for the combination 5th wheel and truck. I have 2 bad shoulders & Bill's shoulders bother him at times & now he's looking at a knee replacement, no more climbing up the truck to release hitch handle or stooping to make the rig level. Another bonus is have our car with us for all the site seeing, we can find a parking space a whole lot easier now. We traveled over 5,000 miles this summer and havn't looked back. As all have stated above it's a personal choice. Maybe another Class A will respond with their view. Take care Stacy
wswebster is offline   Reply With Quote