View Single Post
Old 01-27-2011, 07:00 AM   #32
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Indyroadrunner... It's funny you mention that other forum. If I remember correctly (and the owner of this forum will privately correct me on this if I am wrong) we can give RV.net some thanks for the existence of this forum.

Back in 2001 and 2002 I was a member of rv.net and you couldn't post anything on there without more than one person screaming and yelling at your post.

The person who owns this forum was looking at buying a Montana and was trying to get information from people on there that already owned one. We tried communicating about the Montanas but got so much negative response from others on that forum so we then communicated via email.

The person wanted to bring together Montana owners in a place where we could communicate in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere and got the idea to start a Montana forum. This is where it gets a bit hazy for me: It was started on another site and then jumped over to here. For awhile a person didn't have to sign-up to be on the forum then it became closed, but free to sign-up. I got around to getting a member name about 2 weeks after it became required.

I know you (owner) are reading this. How about putting together a history of the creation of the MOC in your spare time? (Ha ha)

I think some folks here would be interested in reading about the birth and growth of the forum. I wouldn't mind being refreshed on it either.

It would be a great opening page for a rally book.

D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote