View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 10:01 AM   #13
skypilot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1846
'TheJeep' -- first thing -- has your Dodge been checked for the Dodge recall. The brake condition you describe is what the, of all things' power steering recall fixes. As the brake booster on our Dodges is Hydrostatic -- the power steering pump provides the umph to do the job. For whatever reason, the cap on the power steering pump created too much pressure and the brakes for the trailer do not release properly. The cap that they put on is a little bit shorter inside and fixed the problem for several of us (I have electric over Hydraulic so I have a different issue) but on the all electric brakes it fixed that problem for several of us.

As for the chucking, I notice it much more on my 2010 crew cab. That little extra wheel base over what an extended cab (or the old model 'crew cab' had) seems to make a big difference. I don't know if it is that the tires on the truck hit a concrete seem at the same time now or what but the 'chucking' is very noticable. Took my old truck, a good friend of mine bought it) on the same road a couple of weeks ago with my trailer and it was a much smoother ride -- The past truck is a 2008 DRW 4x4 'short crewcab' with 8 ft bed; my 2010 is a DRW, 4x4 with new length crewcab and 8 ft bed. I can live with it (I hope) but the wife has not ridden in the truck when towing so I'm not sure she will handle it.
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote