View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 04:54 PM   #13
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by 2 for Him

Robbie,
I looked into Superbright Leds, couldn't justify the 4 to 6 times the $5 cost of these. I replaced every light except the 3 bulb unit over the couch we never used for $100. All lamps on we only draw 2 amps and are more lit up than we were before.
I only have a small 400 watt inverter for the TV and satallite system and I'm just not sure that the microwave is worth the added expense of a large inverter. Is your 2000 watt a true sine wave model? Lots of people say I'll need that for a micro, but they say the same thing about computers and TVs and with my electronics knowledge I know better. The only reason for true sine I can see is full RMS power to the magnetron.
Thanks for the info.
Tom,
We have a Xantrex 2000 watt inverter (pure sine) that fires all of the plugs in the coach....expensive? Yes, justifiable because of the way we use it. We're true boondockers, not experts on equipment, but we know what we have works exceedingly well for our lifestyle. We never are lacking for power when we use our tricks...and yes, those include LED's.....but then, we also run an ice maker, a freezer, 2 Flat screen TV's, the microwave, satellite TV recorders, charge our 6 6v batteries, our DC flashlight type batteries.....you know the list....still can't get the hair dryer or the curling iron to work yet though!

We have added to our system to where it just works perfect for the lifestyle we live. Took us some time to figure out usage, size, parts etc., but we are like you.....Happy as a dead pig in the sunshine!

simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote