View Single Post
Old 09-12-2004, 04:29 PM   #9
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by kozzy45
I have read that these converters do not work with Ground Fault Circuts, but this confuses me, as all the 20 amp services I have seen are ground fault outlets. Again, and info will help. As I do not check these fourms everyday, feel free to email me opinions directly at sfd124@earthlink.net
Thanks
I have one that I purchased at CW a couple years ago. They are not converters. They merely allow you to obtaine something more than 30 amps but less than 50. They are sold with the idea that you can get 50 amps but you can't. There is some "boost" in current above the 30 amps but that is all. They work very good at older parks where the old type 20 amp receptacles are used and then only if the 30 and 20 amp outlets are on separate circuits.

What you have heard about them not working where there are 20 amp ground fault receptacles installed is correct. They will not work there. However, I liked how mine worked when I was using a lot of county parks across the country. A lot of them have poor wiring and they haven't upgraded wiring. As you probably know, Camping World sells them to Presidents Club members for $72.00. I'll sell mine for $55.00 and pay the postage.
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote