View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 02:20 PM   #24
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
I too have experienced this type of judgement, however mine was more based upon my age. I bought my first Mountaineer when I was 21 yrs old, bought my next Montana at 22 and my 3rd Montana at 24. I just recently traded my 3400RL in for a new 5th wheel at the age of 33. I also became a full timer at the age of 33. For me, it is a lifestyle that I truly enjoy and it fits the means to a job that has me on the move every 3-5 years. With the housing market and economy where it is, it made more sense for me to bank the income and live more economically in my coach. Over the past 12 years of rv'ing, I have run into folks who make comments about my age, both good and bad. I've heard all about my living a lifestyle that is beyond my demographic, and trying to fit in where I dont belong (retirement age group). I let this get to me once back in 2006 and have decided that I am going to take Rich's advice...who cares. I am comfortable with my lifestyle and I know that I live this way not because I have to, but because I want to. Until then I am going to continue on this full timing rv'ing lifestyle as long as I enjoy it.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote