View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 05:12 PM   #35
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110

First of all let me say that I liked the videos on hand signals.
Thanks catskiner for that post!

I’m not sure what the proper etiquette would be. I would not hesitate to use help if I was by myself and wanted it, however, as in the video, the other person don’t know you and has no interest in your investment. It would be difficult to learn their habits quick enough for me to be completely comfortable with a stranger. I would remain cautious and if in doubt at all remember the GOAL method (Get Out And Look). I certainly wouldn’t worry about offending someone I didn’t know by taking that extra look myself.

I hate it the worst whenever a campground owner tries to direct you and tell you how to park. They seemingly think they know how you need to turn and when to back, etc... I guess maybe they have their own reasons but don’t be intimidated by them or other bystanders. I often get out and look even when my wife is giving directions. She doesn’t get offended buy it and she does an excellent job with her directions. It is always good to know exactly where you are at.

I wouldn’t be afraid to park it by myself either (which I have done) but I make myself get out and look a lot more; nothing wrong with it. Situations can change quickly when backing and adding a few extra minutes for parking by getting out and looking can certainly make the task much easier.