Thread: Sliding hitch
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 08:48 AM   #14
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
If I had a short bed (had one prior to the fifth wheel days), I would get a slider and if I had to get a slider, it would be automatic. The only people I have heard of that do NOT have a short bed problem are those with an automatic slider since they've paid a little extra to NOT worry about it. All the others have had a problem, forgot to use a manual, or will have a problem in a matter of time.

I wouldn't worry about a few more dollars that can be amortized over time and relieve any extra thought for driving and backing other than where the exterior corners are at all times and that's it. Why stress on the pivot point, too? I guess I like the way Dave Nowlin thinks.

That's only my opinion and why I would invest a little more in the autoslider. I do want to give credit and kudos for those that aren't using an autoslider or a slider at all and have avoided problems, but I have too many "Murphy" moments to want to add more to my life. I have also seen too many chipped front caps and damaged truck cabs, not including the ones that have already removed their evidence of a mishap.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote