View Single Post
Old 08-16-2013, 02:50 AM   #11
MIMF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2827
About 4 years ago, Gail and I stayed in that campground. They set us up at the end of a row across the street from the Straights. We could look out our living room window and see the island and the Mackinaw Bridge. Was really beautiful! We also, went across the bridge into the UP and visited Tahquamenon Falls. Both the upper and lower.

Tom S, from this point, it won't take 6 months to loose it's "tropical" feeling! I'd give it about 6 weeks.

Carol Honey, are you going to give us the name of the campground you are staying in? BTW, how is that husband of yours doing? Any more landing leg issues?

subra1228, not sure about Traverse City but, just a short distance to the northwest is Lake Leelanau. It is all beautiful country up in there. And, not real hard to get to Mackinaw City from there because, Gail and I did it back at the end of June. Also, if you want to see great views of the northern end of Lake Michigan, make a left hand turn onto US 2 and go about 25 miles west after you cross the bridge.
MIMF is offline   Reply With Quote