Thread: Update
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2014, 02:09 AM   #3
Bigboomer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12333
Betty,

After last winter we decided to skirt when our belly froze up a bit. I did not build a wood skeleton and mount the insulation. I bought 3/4" foil faced foam insulation at Lowes for $10 a sheet and used 10 sheets. I cut it so it can be wedge between the bottom of the trailer and the ground. I only went right in front of the trailer frame all around and cut around all the protrusions. Did not do the slides. I also used heavy duty foil tape to secure the joints and patch around holes. So far all has held up and we can definitely tell the difference with the floor and basement. We did put a small heater in the basement and only turned it on this week with the forecast sub zero temps. The temperature read out so far shows it staying at 56 deg in there.

I also have a temperature monitor under the trailer inside the skirting and with 10 below last night it read a toasty 20 deg so with the skirting there is a 30 deg difference which shows how important it is.

I will try and get some pics to show the skirting and how it looks.

Keep warm!

Les