Thread: LT TIRES
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014, 02:08 PM   #56
MDL
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13959
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Irlpguy

MDL in the past Keystone used Goodyear G614's as their optional tire on the Big Sky models, however there are now other "G" rated tires that are made offshore, it is possible they may be choosing to use these instead of the G614. I would contact Keystone and confirm what you are getting, better to get the right ones than have to go through the process after delivery.

I am not knocking any other tire, just saying you should confirm what you want and expect.
OK thank you, this makes sense at least. I also noted that the published weight of the 3402RL is listed 12901, and his sticker said 12980, so at least that seems to indicate they all get properly weighed and I'll know what the specific weight is when it arrives (with some of the options removed).

I've tried emailing the factory and get squat for a response. I emailed about 5 times and got one response that said thanks for buying, but we really can't help you with any additions to your rig, we don't recommend them... That was about it.

At least I have a much better understanding of tires, axles, weights, and how to tell if I'm legally overloaded or OK. Thanks guys!!! I'll find out a lot more when it arrives next month, and it sounds like I won't have to go out and buy replacement tires off the bat!

Mark
MDL is offline   Reply With Quote