View Single Post
Old 02-22-2014, 03:31 PM   #18
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
To clarify my statement about the "Made in China" tires, my preference is based solely on my experience and information gathering over the last few years. I have had three sets of these tires with different names on the sidewall. The first set had chunks fly off and bubbles appear on the sidewalls and went had one go flat in the driveway (which made the bubbles on the inside apparent). The second set only had a blowout (luckily at about 15 mph on an entrance ramp). The third set did not make them off the dealer's lot since the dealer knew beforehand they had to be changed or no deal. I cannot dispute that some have had success with these same brands of China-made tires, but from what I have read on various forums, I can only surmise that the failures are not predictable, many times have had proper inflation, travel was done below maximum speeds, therefore there is only one common denominator which has to be quality control. There may well be other options, but being the hard-headed type, twice bitten, now totally shy is the philosophy that I chose to adopt. There will not be a set of Chinese-made tires entrusted with holding up anything of value of mine, fifth-wheel, boat or jet-ski. A personal choice that I have made.
Bingo
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote