View Single Post
Old 03-06-2014, 02:37 PM   #10
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Those Goodrich tires consistently make the desired list of tire brands. Even though the list has been predominantly for trailer applications, it's an LT and a pretty reliable one. I think like Tom S, replied from the onset, why change the brand if you can get them at a good price. I had those on my truck before they got replaced because of wear, then I changed to Michelin because I liked the 70,000 mile warranty. If you are not a brand specific kind of person, then the price/mileage is often the decision point.

I do think the tires are quickly approaching their age out date at 8 years of whatever is stated on the DOT date code. You could take a chance and keep them on, then replace them when they finally fail (tire replacements should be available everywhere), but then why also go through the failure process as well. The failures will likely be caused by what you can't see from the outside.

Tire brand recommendations have been made by others. mhs4771 posted they didn't like Cooper, I have had good luck with Goodyear Wranglers and others like Goodyear, Goodrich, Firestone and Bridgestone in the past and I mentioned I switched to Michelin because of their 70,000 mile warranty and have been happy with them even when one failed prematurely and was replaced by warranty at about 25,000 (Still cost me about $100 because of prorating). Just make sure the tire satisfies your ratings.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote