View Single Post
Old 02-09-2015, 07:44 AM   #44
Mark N.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13862
Hey everyone, thanks for all the input! I am thrilled to have such great help and input available from such awesome and ready to help folks.
After reading all the posts here, and reading other reviews from other sources on this product (and the company) it became clear the unit(s) suffer from a fair number of premature failures. But, being as the company stands behind them in such a stellar manner, I was not afraid to order one anyway.
However, it became very clear that installation in my Montana was not going to be a quick and painless endeavor. I can't even see the wires to even begin to tap into them. The thought of removing partitions to access them, then the very real threat of having to repeat the process, if and when a problem develops, was just a bit too daunting. I would have liked the remote readout, but in the end, it really served no purpose that was critical to me. The error codes are still available to me, and the amperage usage, as reported by the remote is just info. Not really necessary info. either. Once I install my solar array, I will have all the same usage info. available from that system.
I feel I can effectively mitigate the theft risks, unless someone actually was to cut my umbilical in half to beat a serious lock, but that's why I have insurance.
Anyway, I decided on the pedestal mount, and I got it from Tweety's, as it turned out to be the best price I found, short of buying a used one.
Thanks again. Mine should be here in a couple of days.
Now on to the next upgrade decision: Another powered fan in the bedroom area!
Mark N. is offline   Reply With Quote