View Single Post
Old 02-27-2015, 01:22 PM   #50
Irlpguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12935
The really sad part of all this business with Keystone and warranty is the fact that most if not all of us are overall happy with our units, some bought them never having owned a 5th wheel before and some like myself traded up to a larger unit for several reasons not the least of which was the supposed good reputation of Keystone and it's warranty.

Why would any representative from Keystone make the statement DebbieM has attributed to them.. " And interestingly Keystone was so bold as to state most owners will rip or puncture their own roofs on a tree and void their warranty before they have to cover this."

I can only assume that if they are able to stall long enough we will all eventually poke a branch through our roofs absolving them of having to warranty it...or...perhaps to suggest that is what you should do and then seek repairs from your extended warranty provider, again absolving them of any responsibility.

In either case, they are not living up to their commitment to warranty obvious factory defects in workmanship. Shame on them.

For interest sake I went up the ladder on my daughters entry level travel trailer to look at her roof, it is the same material, it was absolutely flat and obviously well glued down and the plywood seams did not show, this is a 5 year old "entry" level trailer costing less than a third of that of our Montana's. If this manufacturer can get it right then what on earth is wrong with Keystone.

I would like to clarify that my unit is a 2012, I have pictures taken in 2013 of the roof and to a much lesser degree this roof problem was evident back then, I was told it was not a problem and would not get worse. The problem is not limited to 2013 and newer units. I did not seek to have it repaired at that time because of what I was told. It has continued to worsen.
Irlpguy is offline   Reply With Quote