View Single Post
Old 01-13-2005, 08:08 AM   #7
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
In my first 60 years of life I became used to a huge number of creature comforts living my stick house lifestyle. In October of 2003 I gave up a large number of those creature comforts to be come a Fulltimer. There is no way I am going to give up anymore.

We enjoy taking showers everyday without fear of running out of water or propane for my hot water. So much easier hooking into the parks water system and most parks also have propane available.

I enjoy all the creature comforts associated with 120V electrical power. We don't watch a lot of TV but I want it ready to use whenever I get the urge. Lorraine and I do use a hair dryer after every shower. And let's not forget the A/C! No way shape or form will I do without my A/C.

Not in the least do I care to listen to some generator. Nor do I want to carry a can of gasoline around just to keep that noisy beast running. It is so much simplier to plug into the parks power tower.
I find it so easy to just go out and pull the black tank lever and dump that filthy beast and than do the same with the gray tank. I would not at all enjoy filling and than dragging one of them blue tanks to a dump station and no way am I gonna breakdown the rig just to drag it to a dump station and than drag it back and set up again.

I could go on but I think you get the idea that boondocking maybe a great way of life for some but not for us.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote