Thread: Sailun S637
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2015, 08:24 PM   #21
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
My newest tire purchase was Maxxis. One year of fulltiming but not traveling far from home and all is still good. I just wanted to remind others that there is another possible alternative to a Sailun for a lower price that G614s.

One oddity is that when I installed these they used Nitrogen, but after each trip the psi was less than the 80 psi I typically use. However, now after about the sixth month, and refilling with my regular pancake compressor, I no longer have to refill them. Go figure. Not complaining, mind you, but it seems weird that when the tires were filled with nitrogen upon purchase, I had to refill air prior to traveling, but about 6 months later no more refilling and the psi has been real solid at 80 psi. We are now approaching 12 months (June 15) and I haven't put air in the tires since about December. I thought it could be the cold, but the first few months were hot, then we had a mild winter and the weather is still relatively mild and no change in psi. Nevertheless, I'll keep checking before each 1 to 3 week travel. session.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote