View Single Post
Old 07-31-2015, 06:50 AM   #6
Mark N.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13862
My routine is this: I put a teaspoon of sodium dichlor (used to sanitize hot tubs and pools) into my hose and then turn on the water to fill the fresh tank. (Before this, I have dumped the hot water tank). I open the temperature & pressure relief valve on the hot water tank and that's when I had to run up and turn on the pump inside the trailer, to fill the hot water tank with the treated water. Once the tank fills and starts to come out the T&P valve, I close it and let the system pressurize. I go into the trailer and open each valve to draw treated water into each line. I then go back out to open the outside valves (shower, etc.) for a minute for the same reason. That is where it is nice to shut it off form the convenience center; I'm already out there and wanted a shut-off out where I'm working. Then, ditto for all of these again when I flush the treated water out of the system. Twice I flush it.
Also, when I winterize, I wanted the pump switch outside where I am working to introduce the anti-freeze into the system. I have to turn the pump on to pull the anti-freeze into the pipes.
For the $3.99 toggle switch, a few feet of wire and a couple connectors, it was worth the 30 minutes of work to add the switch into the convenience center.
Mark N. is offline   Reply With Quote