Thread: Tow Vehicle
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2005, 04:25 PM   #8
Montana_1424
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1424
I have a one ton Dodge with the Cummins 600 HO, and a 4.10 rear axle, and I am pretty close to the max for that truck, I would have to disagree with some of the others and say that you will be fine with the smaller Montana's, but if you get one ot the larger, heavier models, I would upgrade. We have the 3650 RK, and my truck pulls it great, but I would not pull it with a 3/4 ton pickup. As far as the Dodge's go, my rig dry would be pretty close to the max.

I would suggest once you pick the model you like, work all the numbers to see what you will need to do. I know with the 3/4 ton, sometimes you just need to beef up the rear suspension for it to handle heavier loads, becasue the diesel enging is pretty much the same. These trucks are alwasy capable of towing more than they are rated, but you take a chance pushingthe envelope, and if something happens, the manufacturer will not honor the warantee. I had some problems on a trip last year, the truck was brand new, less than 1K miles, and the computer went, while I was driving to Flordia, with my rig, and in VA, where it happened, the first thing the dealer went to check was to make sure I did not have the truck overloaded.
Montana_1424 is offline   Reply With Quote