View Single Post
Old 03-11-2016, 03:05 PM   #11
mjammersc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17609
Been a few days since any updates. Silly work was getting in the way. Took off today though as the weather wasn't rain finally.

The battery box is lined with spray in truck bed liner and is ready to make cables:

The inverter and charge controller is all wired and ready to install. It is a giant wire harness ready to mount and route the cables.

Of course the dreaded moment of cutting the hole in the roof. Did an alignment pilot hole from inside the control panel above the closet then drilled back down a larger hole. Used a plastic sink drain pipe as the guide tube from inside the junction box on the roof (forgot to take the picture but worked nice.

And then went up the panels. They ended up a little tighter to the roof than I would have liked due to the curve but they are in now. The cables are routed to the inside too but that was done after the picture.

I should post pictures from my local Home Depot and Hardware store as they are getting to know me pretty well. Main lesson learned so far is any estimate you have of how long it will take you to do a task, double it and add a trip to the store.

Tomorrow is another day of fun with the trailer.

mjammersc is offline   Reply With Quote