View Single Post
Old 07-26-2016, 09:07 AM   #24
Golfmedik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18474
Just left the dealer this morning, with the camper! The service manager and I have a great relationship and he said that he had not seen a newer one do anything of the sort and that type of repair would have to be done by Montana/Keystone, most likely back in Indiana. They took videos and multiple pics of the area and will contact Montana to see what I should do, or they should do next. I brought the camper back home at the dealer's recommendation as the service area has about 3 weeks of work and they are very crowded. I didn't mind that at all as I am only 30 minutes away.
I have emailed Montana's customer service with a description of what is wrong and the video. So, I'm just in a holding pattern as of now until I hear something else. One thing I've thought of is emailing the rep that I dealt with while the camper was being built and seeing if that gets me anywhere.
Also, while I was checking the unit this morning before heading to the dealer, I noticed that on both sides of the camper, the rear skirting is sliding down and has broken the silicon all the way from the rear panel to the rear wheels! Under each of the rear baggage doors. I had exposed wood on the right rear side, so I put some silicon over it to keep it from getting wet. When I showed it to the dealer, they all said this was nothing new for the new Montanas as they have to repair some of them before they even get on the lot. Stating that Montana uses a staple in only a fraction of a millimeter ot metal skirting to hold that area on. He then took me into the bay and showed me one they were repairing with the same problem that they found upon their delivery inspection.
I have always wanted a Montana, but this is making me second guess myself. I love the floor plan and the reputation of them, but so far, I've not been overly impressed with the quality.
Here is the skirting.