View Single Post
Old 09-11-2016, 03:28 AM   #9
Snowhawk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5774
Send a message via Yahoo to Snowhawk
Eddie and Sandy,
Please have a little compassion. Not all allergens are obvious. The intent was to ask those with allergies if they would like to get together and fix something besides carrots, celery and undressed meat or fruit for dinner. Having been to many of these potlucks I know there are MANY dishes that people could not touch because they didn't know the ingredients list and it was too risky so they end up eating only undressed fruit or veggies and there usually aren't more than a couple of those available. Most meats have gravies or sauces on them. Would you like a meal of 2 or 3 items and still be hungry? And please don't suggest not coming at all or eat in your rig (I have heard that as well). If, for instance, you would like me to send you a list of everything that is known to be "gluten", I would be happy to do so.
[There are currently 27 items on a list published by the Celiac foundation (www.Celiac.com ) of words on labels that are gluten. Also, unless a "boxed or bagged" item is produced in a "dedicated facility" there is a high risk of cross contamination so a food may not be a gluten food but manufactured in a facility that manufactures gluten foods and is potentially as dangerous as the actual gluten foods themselves.] Sugar also has many names and to the inexperienced shopper they may not realize they purchased an item with sugar in it. Or nuts, oils... the list could go on and on.
Snowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote