Thread: Sewer Smell
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2016, 03:52 AM   #8
snowbirds R us
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13088
This situation happened to me just a few weeks ago. The wife and I had just returned to the Monte after being gone for a few hours. Upon entering there was this faint smell of what seemed to be odors from the black or gray tank. We tried to find where the smell was the strongest with the “sniff test”. It smelled the strongest under the stairs to the bedroom. Also, when outside and sniffed in the basement, it was strong there too. At that point, I naturally thought I had a top tank seam separation like so many others have had. There was no wet or damp spots so I thought it might be on the top of the tank. Did all the usual sniffing at the vents on the roof but no smell at all. Rarely do I ever have any odor problem from any tank. I figured at this point, I would tackle this problem once I got home. A day later a fellow camper was outside with me, I told him about my problem and we both started looking again. Luckily for me, the problem ended up being a very small propane leak on the street side propane tank. It was just small enough to make a sewer smell and not the overwhelming smell of propane like you usually get. Hopefully, this might be your problem and be a quick and easy fix.