View Single Post
Old 12-06-2016, 03:42 PM   #2
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
If you're going to get a tow vehicle I would recommend a one ton. It's better to have a little extra than not enough. I have a crew cab, short bed and srw Chevy but I do like the Dodges. It is to each his/her own in the way the rear wheel setup. I prefer the srw because I like parking closer than half way or more across a parking lot when we go shopping. The parking lots any more are set up for the smaller vehicles and the dually (Big Butts) are just to big to park in the parking spaces in most cases. This is just my preference however.
When it comes to towing comparing the TT which you are used to and a fiver it is similar but since you've been towing previously you'll catch on to the difference real quickly. Just take your unit and new truck to a large parking lot on a Sunday and practice your backing and etc. Use of a few traffic cones also helps to give you an idea where things are when practicing backing. Good luck and let us know what you decide on and hope to meet you on the road sometime.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote