View Single Post
Old 05-02-2005, 12:19 PM   #6
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I might add that while Keystone does an excellent job of standing behind their product, appliances are bought from the appliance manufacturer and are warranted by them, not Keystone. Also, I've heard but do not know for positive that some of the appliances require annual inspections by an approved technician in order for the warranty to be effective after the first year of a multiple year warranty. So be sure to read the fine print on the existing warranties.

As others said, the extended warranty is insurance. It is a good deal if you need it and end up saving more than it cost you. It's not a good deal if the opposite is true. But there's no way to guess in advance if you'll need it, so if it buys you peace of mind, go for it. As others also said, read the fine print. The bottom line seems to be that if something is not specifically mentioned as covered, then it is not. In other words, it says only what it will cover. And from what I've heard you can expect that is exactly how they will force the contract's provisions. Make sure you fully understand, also, what is necessary for them to pay. Who can work on the appliance. Whether you need their approval before it's worked on, etc.

We did not get the extended warranty. But if you're more comfortable having it, then by all means get it. Just be sure you fully understand it before you write the check.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote