View Single Post
Old 09-22-2005, 03:31 AM   #8
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by CountryGuy

HOpefully Glenn and Lorraine will see this post soon, he replaced his, but with something different. Glenn, we need a photo!
I almost forgot that leaking problem. When we first got the Monty and hadn't even started rving I discovered the seal around the basement doors was totally useless. Both doors leaked like a sieve.
Anyway I found a weatherstrip called "SuperR", manufactured by Henkel the same folks that make Duck Tape. Their home website is at http://www.duckproducts.com

I totally removed all the old crap of a weather seal including any left over adhesive form the frame. I than applied the SuperR to the door itself, NOT THE FRAME, and have not had a leaking problem. Getting any left over adhesive off the frame is important. If you don't it will pull the new seal off.
The advantage of applying it to the door is it is protected as you move stuff in and out of the basement. A lot less chance of dragging something across it and having it come loose or tearing. After 2 years and 60 campgrounds later it is still as good as new.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote