View Single Post
Old 10-21-2020, 01:49 PM   #18
N1282X
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #22428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Don View Post
Hi all - Recently purchased a 2020 3740FK. Wanted to put a good genny on it so I bought a Honda EU 7000 is inverter. Anyone have install pics and/or rigging advice? Figured I'd mount it in the most forward storage area just below/behind the trailer king pin. I've got a 3500HD Duramax DRW with 5,000lbs payload so not too worried about pin weight. I'm totally new to it all and don't like to make a 100 mistakes trying to figure it all out. Also, it only has a 30 Amp plug in. How do I take advantage of all that wattage? Thanks for any info/suggestions/tips you may have.

I would give my left nut to have that generator. I have no need for a generator that runs off propane even though my Montana has it from the factory. propane doesn't have enough energy and we don't have enough tankage to supply the boondocking that I would require out of a generator that's running on propane. Personally I like the idea that he's got going. There are plenty of remote exhaust kits that you can adapt the exhaust of that eu7000 to be exactly like an Onan but probably even better. As for the fuel you could always use portable outboard motor fuel tanks and a hose or something more permanent like a toy hauler has. As far as your 30 amp service all you need to do is take down the divider in your front cargo area and run a number 6 copper from the distribution panel to a generator transfer switch. then wire the one side
of the transfer switch to the new generator and the other leg to the existing 30 amp. You will have to consult diagrams which are readily available to separate the two legs of the 50 amps when in generator mode and parallel them when in 30 amp shore power mode. Better yet you could rewire your shore power connector to a 50 amp connector with two legs of #6 going to your generator transfer switch. That would be the best option. In any case you will end up with a better rig if you go 50 amps. I applaud you for getting the eu7000 Honda, I think it'd be a great system to have.
N1282X is offline   Reply With Quote