View Single Post
Old 07-11-2017, 08:05 AM   #29
bshgto
Montana Master

M.O.C. #16013
can`t make this stuff up

Quote:
Originally Posted by cw3jason View Post
I will defend them, because they did right by me. Any issues I had they fixed, One severe issue they picked up my trailer, brought it to the factory, repaired it, then delivered back to my dealer. My dealer has had all issues covered under warranty and has been excellent addressing my concerns. I truly believe a good dealer makes all the difference in the world. Also I have owned a few other brands of trailers and they all have issues. It is not just Keystone. All manufactures use the same components in the assembly of their trailers and sometimes those components fail. is it fair to blame the assembler or should we look at the manufacture? I agree sometimes these components are not installed per manufactures specs and this leads to problems. That is where the dealer comes in. When things need addressing a good dealer can get a lot of cooperation from the manufacture. I personally did not have any claims denied once my dealer sent the necessary pictures or documentation Keystone required. Every time I contacted customer service at Keystone, I always spoke to a person and they were helpful, They would tell me where in the approval process my claim was and if they were waiting on documentation from the dealer. I could then contact the dealer and push to get the required info sent to Keystone. I was polite, courteous and patient and in return that is the way they treated me.
I really think you have missed the point . nobody is complaining about the furnace that failed after 3 uses or the landing gear that blows the valve the second time out, that`s a product failure and the responsibility of dealer to fix. Even if Keystone denies the repair your dealer will likely fix it just because they made $10,000 on the deal and the repair part is $100.00 dollars and it will keep you happy and maybe he will come back and buy another. That`s just good business sense. Parts will fail and just get replaced and Keystone will replace these type of problems with a smile on their face and you walk away a happy camper and say they did me good so I`ll buy again. All are cheap fixes for Keystone and they really have no way out. But you walk in with a roof that`s tearing off due to shotty workmanship from the factory and believe me your dealer won`t touch it until keystone authorizes the repair and agrees to pay for it. I have seen Keystone use the denies tactic first, then say you caught a tree branch then you didn`t do necessary maintenance they will stall in hopes the warranty runs out then say your out of warranty( this is an actual post, look for it you`ll find it) Keystone tired to pull this crap on me with the front cap fading issue. As I only won out of warranty ( they stalled me for 3 months then I was out of warranty) when I mentioned "Lawyer" in a sentence with Keystone and the dealer. If you read the 20 pages or so of Goldmedik ordeal you will see how Keystone and his dealer handled an expensive repair. Like I said they all play nice until it is expensive. Yes they are nice on the phone and they were to me too but they were blatantly lying to me to avoid a high dollar repair.
Not a good company.
bshgto is offline   Reply With Quote