Thread: Green movement
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2021, 02:23 PM   #35
dfb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17163
Quote:
Originally Posted by kowbra View Post
... or you don't use batteries. That solves most of your issues. No issues with grid, no voltage drop from electrical plants, etc, etc.

Next, toxic battery waste? That one seems to popup all over yet there are early Prius and other hybrids that are 15+ years old and most on original batteries; and those were very old nicad tech, not lithium which has proven to be a big step up in longevity. Seriously, there is toxic waste in every part of every vehicle; this one just seems to be a convenient way to bash something new and different.

Lastly, on taxing by the mile? Well right now we are paying taxes at the pump, so changing the tax method means nothing if in the end the rates remain the same. Which, right now, I don't think anyone knows.

And, to be clear, I don't own an EV but am keeping an open mind. It seems there are many who want to focus on all of the current limitations and not be open to the future. I'm interested in the future as I expect to be there.

YMMV, and IMHO

Brad
We own a Hybrid.. When an EV can go 1000 miles on a charge and take 10 minutes to charge, I will be first in line... However, right Now I love our Ram Diesel, and my hotrods... In between right now but looking at a C5 corvette convertible..