View Single Post
Old 02-20-2017, 10:11 AM   #14
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh View Post
I don't understand why it takes so much heat and AC for these units. I have 2 tons in my house without any backup heat and that is good for 10 degrees to over a 100. Either they are lying about how campers are insulated or the the output of AC units or both.
Lynwood
Both our A/C's are working fine. We can measure the output temp at the vents and it is within all spec's. The pretty dark color of this Big sky sucks up the heat and retains it long after the sun goes down Our furnace is also working fine inefficient as it as. The insulation in these things is about as good as it can be considering the space between the walls available. There are all kinds of places for cold air to enter the RV .Dual pane windows..measure the heat on both sides of the window them measure the heat on the wall right below the window. The wall will most likely be hotter.

Our whole house A/C in our tri level 2200SF S&B will freeze us out. We have all the vents on the bottom level shut off or we would not be able to sit down there with the A/C on.

These things are great for travel but the are not designed for full time living or 4 season living. We have been there and are doing that.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote