View Single Post
Old 07-23-2022, 12:39 PM   #53
Our3231CK
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20364
We also have had flex frame issues, our unit having been repaired by Keystone. Our first cracks appeared around the front hutch cabinet slide. Shortly after the door side crack appeared the opposite side crack appeared by the refrigerator. Our RVs incur hurricane tornado forces while traveling on the highways, so it shouldn't be a surprise that issues occur. The RVs are constructed using basic home style wall framing for stationary wood houses, except aluminum is used. Headers, Sill Plates, Double top plates, floor joists and cripples and all extremely important.

My only suggestion to the RV industry would be to consider incorporating a honeycomb design aluminum or carbon fiber for all the walls which have slides. Like high tech aircraft are made. (retired engineer).

My wife and I love our front kitchen design, the support from Keystone has been superb, we have traveled thousands of miles in our 2017 3820FK, anything mechanical requires maintenance and service, these are an expense that should be calculated in if your desire is to get on the road.
Owners have to consider how much they are loading into their RVs, and where they are loading it. We have been passed by RV's doing 75 plus MPH packed to the gills with stuff, the rear almost dragging the pavement.
With any luck the Pandemic campers will go back to brick and mortar, fuel prices will return to acceptable levels and RV repair locations will have same day or week appointments.

Everyone have happy and safe travels
Rick
Our3231CK is offline   Reply With Quote