View Single Post
Old 09-19-2013, 02:53 AM   #10
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Rondo, our original plans included making Texas our home base again, but by late September of last year, I was really missing the change of seasons, the cooler temperatures, and the young grandkids we left behind in Montana. We did stay 9 months in Texas, working as volunteer RV park hosts, but when I found myself scrubbing picnic tables in my shorts, tank top, and flip-flops on December 23rd, I knew something was wrong with that picture!

We returned to Montana and are wintering at the KOA park in Dillon, not the best place to be since when it's cold, because the park has only 30-amp service; there's no possibility of using a space heater to help warm the Monty. Still, Montana feels more like home right now than Texas did.

So, we're anchored in Dillon for a while again. I've even come out of retirement and gone back to work as a medical receptionist/transcriptionist 3 1/2 days a week for a friend who needed someone to replace a retiring employee who formerly held that job.

We did finish the skirting yesterday, and today, with the temperature this morning at 32 degrees, our timing was just about right. Our neighbors are still working on the skirting for their rigs. One man is cutting plywood panels to fit around the base of his rig, and another couple is using double-sided tape to attach a vinyl skirt they made to fit their rig. (They bought vinyl-backed fabric at JoAnn's.) A note to anyone using tape to attach skirting: The RVs here that had tape as part of their skirting system all have ugly strips of tape residue left around the bottom of their RVs from last year's taping/skirting. One young couple taped over some of their graphics, and when they pulled off the skirting, pieces of the graphics came away with the tape.

Carolyn
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote