View Single Post
Old 04-14-2007, 03:18 AM   #1
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Breaker and Hot Water Heater Trials

In the spirit of keeping everyone informed:
Last night our monitoring panel (tanks, battery, etc.) dimmed considerably, the hot water heater would not turn on and the water pump likewise would not turn on. After staring intently at the water heater (by flashlight) and puzzling about the battery only showing one light on the panel, visually checking fuses, visually checking breakers and finding no apparent cause, I was dumbstruck and wuickly consulted the forum archives hoping to find a clue as to what the heck was going on. We still had full electric power and dc lights. Forum led me to the 30 amp fuses on the left (converter) which were okay, but by deductive reasoning (mainly being out of ideas and not knowing what to try next), looked closer at the breaker box, in particular the breaker for the converter. It appeared to be okay, but a quick reset restored all lost functions. Lesson learned is that all that appears okay is not necessarily so. Always double-check your breakers as they apparently do not fully kick to where they are noticeable. I assume others have experienced this first hand, (By the way, a fellow does get a tremendous feeling of accomplishment when the lucky repairs work and you can look at DW and brag about your expertise in such matters - AFTER AN HOUR!!!! LOL!)
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote