View Single Post
Old 04-18-2022, 06:49 AM   #5
ChuckS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20949
Quote:
Originally Posted by glendodom View Post
On a recent trip while pulled off at a rest stop, I did my normal glance around the RV and surprisingly noticed my DS middle and rear jacks were extended. The middle one was wthin a Hal-inch of touching pavement with the rea only about half extended! Wow, chills hit me quick! After retracting, they go back up. With our remaining trip I stopped frequent to check with no issues.

I contacted LCI and addressed the problem. There only answer was some way the unit received some static electrical charge that made the circuits send fluid to the hydraulics but ultimately didn’t have any good reasons or answers, except leave rear jacks up for a few days and monitor.

A very scary scenario of what easily could have become a disaster! Anyone ever heard of such? My first and hopeful last time to get such a scare.

2018 3721RL Montana
Whomever the person was at Lippert that told you this fishing story is clueless..

There are .. in fact.. a few things that will cause the DS mid/rear levers to lower while towing..

1. An external leak on the retract side lines on that side ( the black colored lines)
2. An internal leak on either the mid or rear leveler leg
3. Hydac valve for the DS mid/rear leveler either did not SEAT when the solenoid power to it turned off or the manual overide screw on that Hydac valve is not tight

I would start with a good visual inspection of the DS levelers and lines for leaks followed with several retract/extend cycles on the DS levelers to purge any air out of the system

If no leaks observed then I would verify that Hydac valve manual override screw is in fact closed all the way

If screw is closed slgihtly loosed and then retighten ( snug tight only )

I would then do an internal bypass leak check on the DS leveler legs ( PDF from Lippert)

https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd_0001910.pdf

NOTE - the front LG has its own hydac valve and these are not connected to the DS or PS mid/rear levelers

Anything that occurs on either of the DS levelers will affect both DS leveler legs because they are connected in Tandem
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote