View Single Post
Old 05-18-2022, 07:10 PM   #18
glendodom
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22698
Just to bring my drifting jacks saga to a hopeful closure, I wanted to post an update. After numerous calls and discussions with no fewer than five LCI Techs, I think I now have my drifting jacks issue resolved. To briefly recap, my first LCI guy says he had never heard of a middle/rear jack drifting during transit! H'mm!! After my next trip having the same problem, I again contacted LCI on 3-4 occasions and always going to through the check the cylinder leakage on all six cylinders and never did I get the school book response that the cylinder was letting fluid out, when I had the extend hose disconnected and was doing the retract. Finally, realizing my front left jack had a very minor external leak (nothing significant, just enough to at times make a oily sheen down the outside, one tech advised it possible could be causing it. After pulling the jack and taking to to a local hydraulics shop for a rebuild and reinstalling, doing multiple extends/retracts to flush the air out, it seems to have resolved my middle (DS) and rear cylinder from drifting.

One of my LCI responses from a lady (first and only time to deal with an LCI female on the tech side), upon me describing my issues, immediately stated, "I think it is time to take it to a shop!" As I explained to her, I didn't have to call LCI to get that advice and if they couldn't assist in finding my issue, how was a RV Tech, when they probably would have been calling LCI, just as I was. Anyway, between a couple smart LCI, guys and my enduring push, I think it has been resolved. Now don't let someone tell you a front landing jack can't cause issues with the middle/rear jacks drifting.

Thanks for all you guys input and assist.
glendodom is offline   Reply With Quote