View Single Post
Old 11-22-2020, 01:29 PM   #4
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
I popped over to IRV2 just to see what people may have posted about your Dads motorhome, and there is a current thread where it gets high marks. I have never owned a motorhome. Always admired them and kept a thought in the back of my head "one of these days maybe"! I enjoy reading the motorhome threads at the other forum. I usually come away thinking my pockets are not deep enough to feed one of those things...not now (still working full time) and certainly not when I retire in a few years. I have no scientific evidence that a 15 yr old DP cost more to operate and maintain than a Montana pulled by a dually, but having owned several 5th wheels and RVs for many years, + 3 diesel trucks - I feel more comfortable with the order of magnitude problems that could and will occur, plus the cost of maintaining both. I am not a mechanic (wish I was!) but I have found that I can fix most things on the Monte, especially with help from this forum. We really like our Monte - but DW and I notice the big motorhomes we pass and see in the campgrounds, and we wonder if the grass is greener on the other side of the fence.
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote