View Single Post
Old 02-28-2024, 05:14 PM   #14
High5er
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #33861
We purchased an extended warranty on our 2020 Cougar. Like others have said, it was worthless. We were in CA for a couple months and our converter went bad on a Friday night. Saturday morning we woke up to no 12v power at all. We couldn't operate the slides, no heat, no lights, etc. I called Camping World (who we bought the warranty through) and they told me to "just bring the trailer in" so they could diagnose it. After explaining I couldn't put the slides in to tow it to them, they told me to call a mobile repair. Of course, none of the mobile repair guys worked weekends in the area we were in, so I drove an hour to the nearest Camping world, bought the exact replacement from them and installed it myself. When I tried to do a warranty claim they denied it because an authorized service provider didn't diagnose and replace it. So if we wanted to be covered, we would have had to wait for 12v power for 2+ days until a mobile repair service could get to us.

The warranty was $4k and the converter was $350. When we got back home, the first thing I did was march back into Camping World to get a refund on the remainder of the extended warranty. Of course, it took 3 months to get my money back. These dealer sold warranties are just empty promises and an easy buck for them to make. I personally will never buy one again.
High5er is offline   Reply With Quote