View Single Post
Old 07-25-2020, 01:52 PM   #47
LisaC3500
Established Member

M.O.C. #26336
Masks or not

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneoak View Post
I would like to get some information from people around the U.S. as to how things are going with regards to the pandemic. Are people taking it seriously? Are they social distancing? Are people wearing masks?
We're at the end of a 14 state trip and what we've seen is a mixed bag in each state. It honestly depends on what state you're in. As we drove west from VA, more people were wearing masks in rest areas and gas stations. We saw a lot of truckers wearing them.
Cody, Wyoming, area didn't recognize social distancing or face masks at all. Some of the stores had employees wearing masks, but not all. Restaurants were open and people were going about business as usual.
While we were in Custer, SD, there were signs on the doors that you had to have a mask to enter. The majority of the people walking along the streets had masks on. Again, restaurants were open.
The worst for me personally was Tennessee. We stopped by the Smokies and both Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg were like a carnival. Although TN had signs saying the gov ordered face masks, I'd guess less than half were wearing them and at times the sidewalks were packed with people.
For the most part, national parks were requiring masks, the visitor centers were closed, no tours, etc.. Rangers were there to answer questions but 3/5 we stopped at had awnings outside as the buildings were locked. Many shops around the parks had one way in and out that were clearly marked.
These are just a couple of the areas I can recall. It was frustrating for me personally, because when we left VA we were still under self-isolation orders or whatever they called it.
On the trip, we wore masks all the time and only did quick grocery stops to resupply. We were pretty picky when we had take out.
2017 Ram 3500HD Laramie, 6.7 Cummins, 4x4, SRW
LisaC3500 is offline   Reply With Quote