View Single Post
Old 04-26-2022, 07:56 AM   #7
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Mikendebbie, I feel kind of honored you singled me out.

The original Avitar was of my cat, "Tigger". Tigger was a kitten at my in-laws farm and my father-in-law was going to shoot it (along with the mother and the other kittens).

The mother got killed by coyotes and most of the babies ended up scattering, or else they got killed too. But this last cat survived. Now, we'd had a cat for almost 15 years and it grew up with our kids. I was very emotionally attached to that cat, and with it died (natural death), I was heart broken and said I never wanted another cat.

Fast forward about 5 years and my mother-in-law pleaded with us to take that kitten before her husband shot it. So, we did.

That cat traveled with us everywhere for the next 12 years in the camper, at home, everywhere. Then one day (at home), it just disappeared and we never saw it again. (That was about a year ago now). We think a coyote got him too. He got outside at night and that was it.

So, after about a year, I felt it was time to change the cat Avitar.

The photo is of me in our Montana, last Fall at Brookville State Recreation area, near Brookville, Indiana. My wife and I were both working from camper (both our jobs were information technology). And we have 2 weiner dogs (both are 2 years old). The little girl dog is my buddy and the little boy dog is my wife's buddy. She loved climbing on the back of the couch and draping herself over my shoulders. I asked my wife to snap a picture as she was on the opposite couch (front living room, opposing slides), so she did.

Well, a few days ago, I decided it was time to change the Avitar. I really liked that phot of the dog. Her eyes are focused just right, looking at the computer.

Here's a larger image, not cropped or shrunk too much:

Here's a different day:

And yet, another day, you can also see the other dog in the background:

The boy dog does get his equal time though....

...as does my wife ....

And we love them both: (Cherry and Oreo)

DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote