View Single Post
Old 06-07-2023, 12:19 PM   #18
Jay Merritt
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #30834
Quote:
Originally Posted by himtaxguy View Post
What's the best GPS app for pulling my fiver? Is anyone using Co-Pilot? Any of them any good?
Thanks
Yes, we have been using CoPilot for over a year. It basically routes us down truck routes. Yes, it works without cell internet or wifi. Yes, you can add RV dimensions to protect from low bridges. Only $29 per YEAR with free trial

Turn up the brightness on your phone to MAX. I have ours in landscape orientation like a real GPS. Plug the phone into a charger as the GPS and screen will consume more battery.

We also run Google Maps simultaneously on the same phone and display it on the Truck screen using Android Auto. This saves me from asking my dear wife to look up on Google Maps for a "second opinion"

AND we run an old TomTom because it gives a 40-mile advanced warning for rest areas. Very helpful in keeping the bladder in check.

Turn the voices on the nagavators OFF.

I love using the phone as a navigator so I don't have to rekey or sync the addresses with the GPS. I keep the addresses on Google Calendar. When I need to navigate, I just click the address and the phone asks which app should open it.

Fulltimer Domicile: Florida SKP Resort, Wauchula, Florida
2016 Montana 3611 RL Legacy - 2000w Solar, Victron whole house power, 1200ah Chins LiFePO4, RV Armor roof, Verizon 5G Home Internet
Jay Merritt is offline   Reply With Quote