View Single Post
Old 11-01-2022, 04:07 PM   #3
Todd & Mary
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #28634
We had this happen too

Keystone for whatever reason doesn't attach the bed particularly robustly! It has been debated in another thread that they may do that so you dont damage the slide motors when you catch something in the slide path when opening the slide, but rip the bed loose from the slide. When it happened to us the sleep number compressor got caught in there. I rebuilt the entire bed replacing the top so the bed was supported to the edge, and replaced the 1x2 with a 2x4 and installed angle brackets like you, only my brackets were very wide and I installed 8 screws in each and one on each side 2x4. Just make sure you don't use screws that are too long. I used #10 x 1" construction screws. Wish i would have clipped a few photos when it was open. I also put insulation in the open area below the bed in the slide. So your on the right path. Just make sure you dont catch anything in that area when opening the slide or it may damage the slide motors. I am sure it will never pull apart again!