View Single Post
Old 09-16-2022, 09:02 AM   #30
Foldbak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30417
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrT View Post
I have the same crack at the same location on my 2021 3781 rl Montana.
The dealer I purchased the unit from could not perform the work so I was hooked up by Keystone RV with a dealer that could make the repairs 101 miles from where it is parked at my camp (200 miles from where I live).
I was initially advised to call and make an appointment with repair facility they had me hooked up with, which was actually the closest repair facility that could do the work needed. I was also told to let them know when I had set appointment with repair facility so they could make arrangements to transport my unit to and from repair facility. They were very apologetic at this point.
After setting appointment and letting customer experience agent know of my appointment, I asked what needed to be done to set up the transport of my unit. After a bit of delay he contacted me and informed me that the would not be transporting unit but would offer 200 dollars travel expense in a goodwill gesture.
I informed him that it would take me a total of nearly 16 hours of travel in order for me to get my unit to and from location of repair facility. 2 hours from my house to the camp, 2 hours from camp to repair facility, 4 hours back to my home, 4 hours to go pick up unit after repairs. 2 hours to my camp, 2 hours back to my home.
He went on to explain that my owners manual says its my responsibility to get it to repair facility. So I guess that's what I'll do.
But I will never own another Keystone product or probably another camper again. I can't believe this is what I get for nearly 90k. If this were a typical warranty issue and not a defect I would be much more forgiving in this matter.

Unfortunately this is a very common problem. Sorry that you're having to go through it. If I were you I would go up the chain to supervisor or manager and fight for more! A lot of folks here are headed to the MOC rally and I'm sure this issue will be part of the discussion. I was talking to my service department yesterday and they say that they see a lot of this issue that have goose necks. Question, what type of pin box and hitch are you using?