View Single Post
Old 10-05-2006, 03:28 PM   #8
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Well, in the park where we spend Nov/Dec there is no choice. We park with the nose facing east. We have trees on the west. When it gets cold enough to freeze I don't think it makes much difference which way you're parked. Wind is a different story.

If you're buying a 2007, you'll be glad to know they're tested to zero degrees without freezing. We will find out in a couple of months just how well that works. If you do not have dual paned windows and will be in serious cold, consider putting insulating film over the windows. I yesterday bought two packages of outdoor film to do this to ours. I got it at Lowe's, currently on sale for less than nine bucks per pack, everything included. Keep the furnace running enough to pump heat into the belly. At night we'll drop our thermostat to 60, maybe 58 (haven't figured out this thermostat as yet). If below freezing we'll shut off electric heaters in the living area and maybe run an electric heater in the bedroom with the door closed to keep that heat from shutting down the thermostat.

I'm seriously considering buying some inexpensive plastic sheeting and duct taping it to hang from the belly pan as a kind of skirting. Maybe the underside of the overhang, too. I'm still thinking on this. In our earlier Montana, "guaranteed" to 28 degrees, we did a number of things to enable it to get down to zero without freezing (my screwups excepted) but don't expect to have to do those things to the 2007.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote